The 2018-19 school year is almost upon us! Here is some additional information for our incoming students!
School Supply Lists
Uniform Quick Guide
Scholars are required to attend school well groomed, conforming to the guidelines of Christian modesty and decency. We will work with scholars and parents to ensure our uniform policy is upheld. All scholars out of uniform will be out of class until the issue is resolved. Shining Star will have some uniform items on hand for scholars to swap out, but will only be available on a limited basis.
Our uniform policy is put in place to keep the focus on receiving a quality education and to eliminate peer pressure. If a uniform selection has a negative impact on scholar behavior, we will work with the scholar and parent to resolve the issue.
- Blue Shining Star Christian School polo ($9 available in the school office)
- Navy blue or khaki dress pants (brown or black belt optional)
- Optional for girls – navy blue or khaki skirt; if wearing tights they must be white, black, or navy blue
- Navy blue or khaki shorts
- Casual or athletic shoes in solid, natural, non-bold colors (no bright colors); shoes must be completely enclosed and no boots
- Solid socks in any color – please avoid patterns and prints
- Please keep jewelry and other accessories limited as it causes a distraction in the classroom
The following items are not permitted:
- Sweatshirts, pullovers, hoodies, or zip ups
- Sagging pants
- Large or decorative belt buckles
- Excessive jewelry
- Distracting hair accessories
- Lip gloss
- Colors and embellished belts
- Chunky or high heeled shoes
- Bright (non-natural) hair color
Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. – Matthew 5:16